And another Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon is in the books. I did get to read, as I hoped, and did meet my goal of finishing one of the books I was in the middle of for the past few weeks! Reading mojo is officially back!
The birthday party my daughter was supposed to go to yesterday was rescheduled due to poor weather (stupid Ohio), but my parents wanted her for a sleepover anyway. I spent the day with peanut, and after I took her to my parents around 4 pm, I quickly did our grocery shopping and went for a run. I didn’t get to actually sit down and start reading until 7:00 pm, but that was okay. I said I wasn’t going to go to bed until I finished my book, and that’s what I did. I was halfway through it, and 4 hours later I finished. I followed my friends readathon progress on Instagram and Twitter along the way and loved seeing everyone’s posts.
Books I read from & finished: Beautiful Secret by Christina Lauren
I actually finished Marrow on Friday night. I was halfway through both Marrow and Beautiful Secret, so finishing one whole book this weekend makes me happy. I also met my goal of reading at least 3 hours – I managed to read for 4 hours straight, until that second glass of wine kicked in.
Because my reading time was limited, I focused solely on that and not blog hopping or doing the memes. The only one I felt like doing was the opening meme…
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Massillon, Ohio
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I had one book I wanted to finish, which I did and I loved it – Beautiful Secret.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? WINE. And we ordered my favorite pizza for dinner.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’ve been blogging for a little over a year and love all of the awesome people I’ve met. I obviously love to read, but I’ve also recently become a runner and am loving it to the point of obsession. I plan to sign up for my first 5k in June!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I participated two readathons ago, but was really sick that day. One of these days, I WILL get to participate the full 24 hours. That is my goal.
I hope everyone had fun and enjoyed the readathon!
1. Finish one of the books I started last week and haven’t had time to finish.
2. Read at least 3 hours. I know that doesn’t seem like much, but lately I’ve been lucky to read a maximum of a half hour a night. If I can just FINISH a book, I will call this day a success.
3. Visit other readathoners blogs and follow on Twitter.
Like I mentioned above, I don’t have any crazy goals for this readathon, and I know that realistically I won’t be able to stay up all night and read when I have a 4 year old to take care of the next day. But I really wanted to participate part of the day. I know that I won’t be able to even get started until late afternoon, taking a break to go out to dinner with my hubby, and then starting again after my daughter goes to bed. And if I make it to 11 PM, it’ll be a miracle. I’m doing it just for fun anyway, so I’m not going to focus on how many hours or pages I get read. I just want to READ.
I hope all of my blogging friends participating in the readathon have a great time! Happy Reading!