This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
- Knock on wood, we seem to be back to a healthy household. After a week of Sunnie battling a cold and cough, we have finally gotten most of it out of her system. Honey seemed to be the key! I was giving her cough medicine, and it never lasted very long. I started giving her spoonfuls of honey in the morning and at night, and it did the trick! We’ve now had 2 nights in a row of solid sleep, and I’m not a walking mom zombie anymore. I also swear by the Vicks Vaporizer and Vapor Bath. I hope that’s the last of the sickness we see for awhile.
- We had snow on Saturday, because Mother Nature clearly hates Ohioans. But thankfully it’s all long gone and the temps have been slowly warming up all week – with a forecast of 70’s all weekend. Bring on the sunshine! I’m especially happy it’s going to be warm this Sunday, because I have a 5K race in the afternoon. Every race I’ve run so far this year has just about resulted in frostbite on my hands. I’m excited to only have to wear one layer of clothing and no gloves!
- I finished Tell Me Three Things this week, and everyone needs to read this book. Even if YA isn’t your normal genre, because it’s not mine either. I have loved this authors previous adult books, so I decided to check out her YA debut. I’m rarely even in the mood for a YA book, but I started this one and couldn’t put it down! It’s absolutely fantastic – I highly recommend!
- Then I started Too Late by Colleen Hoover last night. Intense! This is the darkest writing I’ve seen from CoHo, but it’s SO good. I didn’t want to put it down to go to bed last night. Damn sleep getting in the way of my reading. ICYMI, this is a free book she wrote for her fans on Wattpad, an app/website you can join for free. CoHo wrote a FREE book as a thank you to her fans. Just another reason I adore her.
- I know my baby is growing up fast, and this week Sunnie surprised me by reading a book to me, and I won’t lie – it made me a little emotional. Not only am I excited that she’s learning to read, but it makes me so proud that she loves books as much as I do. It was a big moment in our house.
My mini bookworm
- Besides the race on Sunday, this weekend I’m planning on spring cleaning my house – opening up the windows and letting in the fresh air! We’ll be spending as much time as possible outside enjoying the sunshine. Sunnie’s excited to ride her new bike, as she’s been practicing (and getting really good) in the basement since Easter. And maybe we’ll even have a fire in our new fire pit, if the weather cooperates like they keep promising. I’m really looking forward to it – here’s hoping the workweek continues to go quickly!
In case you missed it…
Recently Finished Reading
I also got these beauties…
TJR is one of my favorite authors, I needed to add her books to my shelf. One with You completes my Crossfire collection (need to read it soon), and I couldn’t resist getting a couple romantic suspense books, since that’s my thing lately. Damn you, Target, with your pretty books I can’t resist.
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
Wed: 16,664 steps
Thu: 18,208 steps
Fri: 12,538 steps
Sat: 21,301 steps
Sun: 16,267 steps
Mon: 11,050 steps
Tue: 20,463 steps
Total: 116,491 steps
Now that Sunnie is feeling better and we’re back to our normal routine, I’ve been able to get up the past two mornings and run before work. Feels good to start my day that way.
I signed up for my first 10K! It’s the first weekend in May. I’ve been training for it, and am finally feeling comfortable with the distance.
I love this movie. 😀
I also decided to download a Half Marathon app to start training. I don’t have any immediate plans to run one, and I know it’ll take me awhile to build up the endurance for it. My goal is to run in one by this time next year.
I have a 5K this Sunday, and it’s in the middle of the afternoon. That is bizarre timing to me – I’ve only ever run races in the early morning. I know there are some that do night/glow runs, but I haven’t run in any of those. I’m going to have to plan out my meals really carefully on Sunday so I don’t cramp up or feel crappy during the race.